Sunday, February 14, 2010

Illness Strikes.

I've never gotten sick as much as I have this year.
It's a little uncanny, really.
This time around I've had a sore throat and lots of mucous...
but no runny nose.
Weird, huh?
Fortunately, my mom is in town and she is doing a superb job of taking care of me.
Eggs and Cinnamon toast for breakfast, back and foot rubs and endless favors. She is a real champion.
Other than being sick, I have become newly addicted to the TV show "White Collar." During my illness, I watched eleven episodes... in a row.
I felt like a vegetable after that.
I'm almost certain I fried my brains out. haha, worth it though.
Being sick hasn't been much fun, but at the same time it provided a much needed break from my insanely busy schedule. This weekend felt like a mini spring break.
---------------------------------------------
So I have some advise for those of you who are completely swamped.
Ready?
It's really quite simple.
Take a break.
After a little R&R you'll be back on your feet,capable to do twice as much as your burnt out self.
So there you have it. Illness may strike, but it's not always a bad thing if you deal with it the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment