Saturday, November 6, 2010

Klutzy much?

My body is covered in scrapes and bruises.
Not from one single event, but a plethora of klutzy instances on my part.
In this week alone, I have managed to hurt myself 4 separate times.

1. Sunday Evening. I was leaving the apartment and I was pulling the door closed with my right hand. I didn't move my hand in time and completely smashed it in the door. The bulk of the damage was sustained by my right middle finger. It was one of those "insta-bruise" moments. My finger nail is nasty now, but at least it's no longer hurting.

2. Monday Evening. I hate doing laundry... like, a lot. I put it off for as long as possible. I finally gave in and decided to do it. My laundry basket was freaking heavy. Needless to say, I was struggling to walk around with my laundry and two huge containers of detergent and softener. I slung the basket over my arm and the pressure from it all gave me a bruise on my left forearm. Kinda pathetic, I know.

3. Thursday Evening. Depth perception is not one of my strengths. I run into things a lot because I think I have more room than I really do. On Thursday, I was running out from my bedroom and into my kitchen. En route, I ran into the door and acquired a bruise on my right bicep.

4. Friday Afternoon. I was walking home from school around 4 and the traffic was pretty bad. I didn't want to stop and wait at a light, so i booked it across the street. I took a leap for the curb and my foot slipped off the edge. I totally got owned. I fell forward, almost like I was flying (hands stretched out by my head). Luckily, I was wearing jeans and a jacket, so only my hands got scrapped. However, I do have bruises all along my foot, hip and arm from landing mostly on my left side. This fall even had a witness. How embarrassing is that?

My goal for next week is to not get hurt.
We'll see how that goes over.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm surprised we're related. Little klutz. Haha, the falling one and depth perception made me laugh. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete