Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Keep on keepin' on

I was hanging out with Ashley on Sunday and she showed me her "blog book"
I was so impressed with it and so she encouraged me to blog more
...so here I am.

Life has been hectic.
In addition to the wedding planning (which really hasn't been that stressful cause I enjoy it so much), I have had a bajillion tests, papers, etc.
Once upon a time, I loved taking tests.
I would always get A's and feel good about myself.
Now, I dread test taking.
I study my butt off for a few days, expect a good grade and then come to find I did very poorly.

Each test I have taken this semester has been so discouraging!
As my grades drop, so does my self-esteem.
Last night was one of those nights.
I don't think I could handle this semester if it weren't for Paul.
That boy is so dang amazing!
He let me cry for a while, but then he stepped in and got me to cheer up.
He didn't say anything profound or mind-blowing, rather, he was just himself: kind, patient and loving.

At the end of the whole ordeal, I learned something.
The kind of person I am is not determined by the test scores I receive.
That may seem completely obvious to you, but it took me a really long time to learn that lesson.
Thank you, Paul.

1 comment:

  1. Libby! This is your brother Ben, not Becca. I cannot believe you are giving Paul credit for the epiphany you had! I've been saying that grades are for sucks for almost a decade now. And now Paul comes in and takes the glory? For shame, Libby.... for shame.

    At any rate, I'm glad to see you're finally coming to your senses, and that you seem to be doing well. We should hang soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete