Monday, August 16, 2010

Talk about embarrassing...

Today I did something that was quite embarrassing.
I played golf.
Now you see, if you're any good, this isn't embarrassing at all.
While standing at the first tee, I thought that I would do alright.
Then I began playing and I discovered just how wrong I was.
Essentially, if you were to take par and double it, I MIGHT have a chance.
Even that is pushing it.
How do pros make it look so easy?
I felt like I should just be able to will the ball where I want it to go.
On occasion, I had a few beautiful shots, but for the majority of the game,
my shots were all over the place.
I learned a lot and I definitely came away better than when I started,
but let me tell you, golf is not some hidden talent that I posses.
Surprisingly, I kind of want to play again.
Embarrassing as it was, I enjoyed trying something new,
and it was a great way to spend some time with my dad.

1 comment: