Saturday, August 14, 2010

Goodbyes are cruel.

Summer is wrapping up, which means saying goodbyes.
Ugh, I hate them so much.
Four months ago, I was on Ashley's bed, in a fetal position, crying my eyes out.
Why?
Because I was gonna miss everyone in Utah.
Now, I'm saying goodbye to my family in Ohio, and let me tell you, it sucks.
I feel like I stay in one place just long enough for goodbyes to be really tough, then I get moved somewhere else so I can repeat the process.

I suppose it's possible to look at this in a positive light and say,
"I'm so blessed to be surrounded by people whom I love dearly. It stinks that I have to leave, but I'd rather be sad about leaving than happy to get out of some terrible circumstance."
That mentality will set in at some point,
but for now... I'm sad to be leaving my family.
They're kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment