Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Delicious.

One of my favorite things about summer is the food.
Summer food is light, happy and fun.
I especially love salads with a dash of fruit on them.

Over Christmas break, I went to Max & Erma's with my friends.
I tried a fantastic Apple-Pecan Salad.
I hadn't had it since then, until my sister had the epic idea...
to make it ourselves!

How did I not think of this before?
We found a killer recipe that matches the salad to a T.
Here it goes!

Max & Erma's Apple Pecan Salad

4oz Fresh Salad Greens (we use 2oz)
1.5oz Maple Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe follows)
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles (I use feta)
1/4 cup Craisins
1/4 cup Glazed Pecans
7 Slices Granny Smith Apple, roughly 1/4 an apple
1/2oz Balsamic Dressing
1 Grilled Chicken Breast, Optional


Maple Vinaigrette

2 Tbs Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbs Pure Maple Syrup
6 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste

In small bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, lemon juice and garlic until salt is dissolved. Add the maple syrup and whisk to blend thoroughly. Add the olive oil and whisk until the ingredients are emulsified. Whisk in pepper and adjust seasonings.

If you don't want to take the time to make the dressing, I also enjoy using store bought Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. You can also replace the apple slices with strawberry slices, although I do enjoy the tartness of those Granny Smith's. Either way, this salad is a tasty summer treat... especially those glazed pecans, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment