Monday, July 5, 2010

A few thoughts on life.

It's been a relaxed sort of day,
but somehow, I still managed to get a few things done.
One nice perk of holidays is that you generally get to miss either work or school on the following Monday. And hey, I'll take what I can get.
My plan was to sleep in, but my sister Rachael had different plans.
She came over-- bright and early, of course,
and showed me how to work the magic of coupons, rebates and up-rewards at rite-aid. I don't know how she does it, but after buying numerous items, including contact solution, automatic toothbrush, remote?, some allergy meds, and much much more, we MADE money. Isn't that insane??
All the shopping and money saving got me so excited to be a stay at home mom. Rach is so great with her kids. I love her little boys to pieces. Sometimes it can be tough as the youngest. Yes, us youngests get spoiled, but we have to sit among the ranks and wait to grow up as all of our older siblings move into different stages of life. Now, don't get me wrong-- I love my life. Every moment of it is an adventure. I just can't wait to have more new and exciting experiences.
But I digress.
I was going through my day, excited about all the life I have ahead of me. Then, I went and saw Toy Story 3. Umm, I'm gonna be honest here. That movie made me cry. Haha, is there something wrong with me? Seriously, though. That whole movie felt so sentimental. All morning I had the urge to grow up and move on, and then just a few hours later, I was longing for my childhood.
Life is funny, isn't it? We always want to go back, move ahead, rewind, fast forward. It's really kind of silly. The present is so good. At least, that's what I decided on the car ride home. So, I invite you to join in with me and enjoy your current situation, whatever it may be. Find the joy in every moment. In my opinion, that's the only way to live life.

1 comment: